This privacy statement documents how Haelan Therapy Limited complies with European Union data protection requirements. It applies to the website and booking system and you can access it at the bottom of our website homepage. We may change this privacy statement from time to time, therefore, please continue to check this page to ensure you are happy with any changes.
What we will collect
We may collect the following information:
- For bookings we may collect (name, telephone, mail and e-mail addresses).
- Upon a consultation, we may also ask you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, lifestyle, health conditions and wellbeing – this is to ensure we deliver the best service to you – this information will not be disclosed or used for any marketing purposes.
We will store the information you give us securely, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. We will also continue to update this policy in line with the new General Data Protection Regulation which will be fully enforceable in May 2018
How we use your information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal customer record management.
- To improve our products and services.
- Haelan staff may also follow up, either by e-mail, phone or mail, to people who have received a treatment as part of our customer care procedure.
- We may also communicate by email or phone about a specific booking or in response to an enquiry via our website.
- Where permission is obtained or a legitimate interest is evident – we may also send promotional e-mails about new products, new treatments, special offers or other information that we think you may find interesting using a valid e-mail address.
The new GDPR legislation has improved your rights. We will consider any right you wish to exercise and do our best to comply. These new rights fall into the following categories:
Sharing your information
We will never sell or share your information with any other organisation for marketing purposes. We will only share your information:
- If we are required to do so by law
- For our partners to provide services we cannot deliver inhouse, such mailing houses or IT specialists. We only choose partners we can trust who abide by the requirements of the Data Protection Act
The right to be informed – How your information is stored and used
The right of access – A Subject Access Request
The right to rectification – Correcting any information deemed incorrect
The right to erasure – Removal from database
The right to restrict processing – Permission to store but not to process data
The right to data portability - It allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily
The right to object – Example; processing based on legitimate interests
Rights to automated decision making – The right NOT to be subject to a decision
Please follow the link - Find out more from the ICO – for full details.
Right to complain
You also have the right to complain by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office directly (which is the national data protection authority in the UK). We’d also appreciate your feedback.
You may change your mind about the permission you have given us to use your personal information at any time by emailing us HERE or writing to:
Data Protection Officer, Haelan Therapy, 30a Bucklersbury, Hitchin, SG5 1BG
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or e-mail us as soon as possible to the above address. We will correct any information which was found to be incorrect promptly.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement, or would like to receive a printed version, please call us on the number at the top of this page.